Appointment of New Board Member to the Singapore Land Authority and Reappointment of Chairman and Three Members
23 JUL 2018
23 Jul 2018 Posted in Press releases
- The Minister for Law has appointed a new member to the Board of the Singapore Land Authority (SLA), and reappointed the Chairman and three members.
- Ms Marina Chin (Joint Managing Partner, Tan Kok Quan Partnership) will be appointed for a term of two years commencing on 1 August 2018.
- Board Chairman, Mr Lim Sim Seng, will be reappointed for a term of two years commencing on 1 August 2018. He is currently the Group Executive and Singapore Country Head of DBS Bank.
- Mr Tan Boon Khai, Chief Executive, SLA, was earlier reappointed for a term of three years commencing on 1 May 2018.
- The following members will be reappointed for a term of two years commencing on 1 August 2018:
- Mr Ho Chee Pong (Director-General, Singapore Customs)
- Ms Lock Yin Mei (Partner, Allen & Overy LLP)
- The Ministry of Law and SLA look forward to the guidance and support of the newly appointed and reappointed members. Please see Annex A (0.1MB) for their profiles.
- Mr Ang Cheng Hock (Senior Counsel, Partner, M/s Allen & Gledhill) stepped down on 30 April 2018, due to his appointment as the Judicial Commissioner of the Supreme Court of Singapore prior to the completion of his two-year term on 31 July 2018.
- The Ministry of Law and SLA extend their appreciation to Mr Ang for his invaluable contribution to the SLA during his term of appointment.
- The following members will continue to serve on the Board:
- Deputy Chairman - Mr Yeoh Oon Jin (Executive Chairman, PricewaterhouseCoopers Singapore)
- Mr Walter Fernandez (Editor-in-Chief, MediaCorp)
- Mr Lai Huen Poh (Senior Managing Director, RSP Architects Planners & Engineers Pte Ltd)
- Mr Han Kok Juan (Deputy Secretary, Ministry of Law)
- Mr Philip Yuen (Chief Executive Officer, Deloitte Singapore)
- Mr Mok Wei Wei (Managing Director, W Architects)
- Dr Chong Yoke Sin (Chief, Enterprise Business Group, StarHub)
- Mr Loh Lik Peng (Founder & Owner, Unlisted Collection)
- Ms Margaret Goh (retired, former Group Managing Director, GuocoLand)
Last updated on 23 Jul 2018